This might sound like 🦄 magic but Female IQ is about to tell you how to bake something that is both nutritious and delicious, as well as something:
- The entire family loves, including the picky eaters.
- That is easy and inexpensive to make.
- That can yield ~18 filling, snack-sized servings, thus preventing you and your loved ones from overgrazing.
- That doesn’t need to be refrigerated or heated and is good on the go.
- And that includes a serving of fiber, protein, B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, omega-3 fatty acids, and antioxidants—just to name a few.
I know. I know. It seems impossible. But that’s what we do here at Female IQ. In the name of wellness and all that is holistically minded, we accomplish the impossible. So, without further ado, this is how to bake, 🥁 roll please, Oatmeal Superfood 💣s.
- 2-3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup sweet potato purée
- 1/4 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup almond or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (preferably local)
- 1/4 cup ground flax/chia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- Optional: Dried fruit/nut mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all wet ingredients (eggs, almond milk, sweet potato purée, nut butter, mashed banana, honey and vanilla) until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients (flax/chia, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt).
- Fill muffin cups (silicon baking cups are AWESOME).
- Top with dried fruit/nut mix.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
—Becca Edwards, founder of Female IQ