Let’s begin this post (and subsequent posts for the following few weeks) with a disclaimer: I’m not a chef. Nor a cook. Nor a baker.
But, with a certification in holistic nutrition from IIN, I do know that by eating whole foods and being purposeful about what we put into our bodies we can consume more than just food — we can devour health from the inside out.
For this reason, over the next few weeks, Female IQ will share a series of easy, wellness-oriented recipes that you (and really anyone) can do. These recipes are to be made in bulk on what Female IQ calls “Q” days.
What are “Q” days?
“Q” days are set days that you put aside to do the things that matter most to achieving your optimal health. This can include meal prep days, inputting your weekly workout schedule into your calendar, or setting a bedtime routine with a smart device (EX: the Sleep app on Apple watch) — just to name a few options.
My “Q” days are Sundays and Wednesdays. And a mainstay meal prep is Female IQ’s first recipe from this series:
Egg + Sprouts = Tortillas
- 6 eggs
- Sprouts (any variety)
- Coconut oil
- Seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic, turmeric, herbs, etc.)
- Bring small sized pan to medium heat with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, add seasoning to eggs and whisk.
- Combine sprouts to seasoned egg mixture.
- Ladle seasoned egg/sprout mixture into pan and cook 1-2 minutes each side.
- Let cool.
- Use to make tacos, roll-ups or any of your other favorite tortilla recipes.
—Becca Edwards, founder of Female IQ